Enjoy reading this post and subscribe to Bontb RSS Feeds

As mentioned yesterday in (One day StumbleUpon Experiment traffic)
I will show today StumbleUpon expreriment results and how many visitors could I get from StumbleUpon with help from SU members.

This experiment just showed everyone that stumbleupon does make a difference in traffic even in 1 day !. I am so happy that we did this together and I can just see that from now on everybody will appreciate that stumbleupon greenish button.

These are the results in case you can not see the picture:

Visitors: 6.062

Pageviews: 10.495

Ad-sense: 18.68

Comments: 41

Spam: 0 ( i was surprised )

StumbleUpon Clicks: 235 (According to MyBlogLog)

Please click on picture to see results

StumbleUpon Experiment

And I can bet you we could of have more visitors and pageviews if my hosting wouldn’t have problem ( yesterday ) with SQL and Server it self.

As somebody mentioned stumbleupon members tend not to view google ads, yes that is in somewhat true, reason why is that way is, because most of people stumble sites very quick , read the content and are off to next one, if this would be direct traffic as I did have prior to this experiment. The amount of profit would be doubled if not even tippled on some other days.

Statistics from yesterday only show traffic from stumbleupon

This is my picture of stumbleupon

stumble

I would like to thank everybody that commented and visited my blog yesterday. I stumbled everybody’s blog and website that ware submitted. Again thank you for stumble my blog and I wish you will get even more traffic after I stumbled your website or blog !

Horaayy..there are 7 comment(s) for me so far ;)

#1

I think it sure is a good experiment – keep it up and let us know how it goes!

Matt Ellsworth wrote on June 8, 2007 - 1:40 pm
#2

Excellent news for you! Congratulations. Are you going to post stats for today too? I’d be curious to see if you get any spinoffs from yesterday’s experiment.

–Steve

steve wrote on June 8, 2007 - 3:57 pm
#3

Yes I will be posting tomorrow how much hits i got even today , i can tell you so far since 12am i had 778 visits from SU !

blogger wrote on June 8, 2007 - 4:57 pm
#4

This was a very interesting and insightful experiment Julia. Thank!

NOW…
I’ve got some nice and proven SU tips I’d like to share, for you guy.

If you like it, feel free to visit my blog (The Hummus Blog), and if you like it or find it useful PLEASE give me that stumble!

Here’s how I managed to get over 10K stumbles in a short period of time:

a. It’s a known fact that in order to get lots of traffic from SU, it’s important that your site will get stumbled a lot, but it is also important who the stumblers are.

b. In order to get lots of stumbling, you should have a large number of quality “mutual friends” (stumblers who added you as their friend and vice versa). Then, when you stumble a page of yours, they may “pass it on”.

c. There are two kinds of “useful” stumblers. Look for
(i) relatively new stumblers, who seem to stumble a lot. In the long run they will supply you with constant traffic.
(ii) older stumblers, with many fans, who have not used their 200 friend limitation yet and seem to have an interest in the subject of your site.

To the later, you can also send a polite message, once they become your friends, asking them to give you a stumble. Although it’s better to give your “friendship” some time to strengthen.

d. If somebody does not want to get mutual with you, remove him from your list of friends, Make sure you make new friends every once in a while.

e. Share your knowledge with people, and ask them to stumble you in return. Like I’m doing here. This is the first time I try this – but I’m sure you guys we’ll not let me down…

GOOD LUCK!

shooky @ The hummus blog wrote on June 8, 2007 - 8:02 pm
#5

blogger wrote on June 8, 2007 - 8:35 pm
#6

Hello Julia,
I was interested in following this experiment. I too have received many hits to sites as a result of SU. You are right about the adsense ctr and its a shame. You would think someone might have found something of interest. The traffic can only do your alexa ranking good anyway.

TerryG | Anxiety wrote on June 11, 2007 - 3:11 am
#7

Terry,
You’re almost right,
SU traffic does not generate good Adsense income for itself. BUT, it does generate:
a. quality incoming links form personal SU pages and from blogs.
b. Nice peeks of REAL traffic, which Google identifies as such, and increases it’s own traffic to your sites, respectively, buy promoting your SERP positioning.

For these two reasons I think SU is a perfect promotional tool. In the long term, it WILL generate you some solid earnings.

shooky @ The hummus blog wrote on June 11, 2007 - 4:20 pm
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Write Your Comment

You should have a name, right?
Your email address, I promised I won't tell it to anyone.
If you have a web site or blog, you can type the URL right here.
This is where you type your comments.
Remember my information for the next time I visit.